Part Time Bookkeeper/Staff Accountant
The Initiative for a Competitive Inner City (ICIC) is a national not-for-profit organization founded in 1994 by Harvard Business School Professor Michael Porter to promote economic development in the nation’s most under-resourced communities. At ICIC, you will work with talented and committed professionals in a collaborative culture dedicated to excellence and innovation.
The Bookkeeper/Staff Accountant is a motivated professional who ensures accurate and timely accounting for a growing organization. It is a perfect opportunity for a person in search of a flexible schedule who would like to advance an important mission. It is a part time position (20-32 hours per week) reporting to the Chief Financial Officer.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Process accounts payables
• Process accounts receivables
• Review bank accounts for electronic deposits and notify appropriate staff
• Reconcile bank statement
• Review travel reimbursements for adherence to ICIC’s policy
• Reconcile general ledger accounts
• Perform monthly close
• Assist in preparing periodic financial reports
• Assist with annual audit
• Assist with preparation of annual budget
• Assist in revamping chart of account and financial reporting
• Assist in selection and migration to a new accounting software
• Other tasks and projects as needed
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or 2-5 years of relevant experience
• Strong attention to detail
• Solid understanding of basic accounting principles
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Flexibility, ability to learn, and collaborative attitude
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Commitment to ICIC’s mission
ICIC is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and inclusive organization. We provide equal opportunity for all persons seeking employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender identity, family status, sexual orientation, military status, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic as established by law.
The position will remain open until filled, and applications will be considered on rolling basis. To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter through our application page.
Areas of impact
- Impact Investing
- Social Sector
- Social Entrepreneurship