Partnerships Development Associate
Onward Financial, Inc.
Partnership Development Associate
Contact Name: Ronnie Washington, CEO
Physical Address: 80 M Street SE, Washington, DC, 20003
Position title: Partnership Development Associate
Location: Washington, DC
Job Type: Full-time
Suggested start date: Immediately
What is Onward Financial?
Onward is a nonprofit Fintech startup whose mission is to build a savings culture and emergency liquidity for the more than 79 million Americans who live with virtually no savings cushion at all. We have demonstrated early success with key customers in Kansas City and have a strong pipeline of referral prospects.
We are a team that values the personal learning and scope of responsibility that an early stage company provides in exchange for the opportunity to be a partner in driving the critical earned revenue that will not only keep Onward sustainable, but grow Onward to new markets across the country, to achieve maximum impact for thousands of individuals most in need.
Summary of Role
Onward seeks an entrepreneurial self-starter with a passion for relationship building and developing new partner leads to help scale a financial technology business with early traction and deliver the Onward product to assist millions of workers struggling with financial insecurity. A successful candidate will have the ability to identify problems both within their defined role and on the periphery while proactively and eagerly tackling those issues. The candidate should be ambitious with a strong work ethic with the ability to communicate constantly with team members. Core to the role is passion for the mission and the desire to put our customers first.
In the U.S. nearly half of Americans don’t have just $400 in savings and more than 79 million American workers earn less than $20 per hour making it difficult to build a financial cushion. Without this, expenses like a car breakdown may mean a worker missing work, a day of pay, and the opportunity to cover their bills. That’s why we created Onward Financial, Inc., to provide every worker with the tools to build a financial cushion. What the 401K is for retirement savings, Onward is for emergency savings.
Founded in 2016, Onward Financial, Inc. is a non-profit that offers an employer-sponsored (paid-for by employers) mobile savings and credit app that primarily helps low to moderate income workers do the following:
1) deduct savings directly from their paycheck into a FDIC-insured emergency savings account,
2) engage with bite-sized and actionable financial tips, and
3) and access pre-qualified affordable credit in times of emergency
Incubated out of Stanford’s Graduate School of Business, Onward has funding from Blackrock, JP Morgan, MetLife, Google.org, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, and others and is set to scale. The founder, Ronnie Washington, has a personal connection to the problem and is looking for mission driven individuals with the passion and skill-set to help take Onward into its next phase of growth. Join us in creating a world where a $400 expense never again has the ability to destabilize a family by providing a financial cushion to every worker.
Partnership Development Associate Specific Responsibilities
• Identify and cultivate an active, robust pipeline of mid to large employers for Onward’s technology-based application solution suite to achieve significant growth targets consistent with strategic plans
• Make cold calls and send emails to potential employer partners to generate partnership agreements and meet cross-organizational sales goals
• Set appointments and assist in conducting high-level conversations with senior executives about their business, marketing, operations and human resource strategies
• Assist in the sales process to convert pre-qualified prospects into customers
• Accurately qualify and prioritize partner prospects and predicted results
• Map prospective accounts around organizational structure, people and existing technology
• Collaborate with team members on articulating offerings, best practices and approach to ensure consistent positive customer experience, healthy business development activity and positive team culture
• Contribute to and enhance sales resources - pitch presentations, videos, proposal templates, etc.
• Strategize with top-producing sales team members and leadership
• Develop high-quality pitch resources by February 2020
• Develop pipeline of 1,500 highly qualified prospects by September 2020
• Close deals reaching 8,500 Onward members signed up by December 2020
• Prior experience: 2-4 years sales or related market/business experience (employee benefits or financial industry experience a plus)
• Demonstrated success in delivering on leads / sales quotas and goals
• Takes initiative, is a self starter, and highly productive
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to manage ambiguity
• Experience or interest in working within an early stage and evolving environment
Compensation and Benefits
• Salary: Base salary commensurate with experience plus commission
• Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance; Parental Leave; 401K Retirement Account; Flexible Work Environment
• Submit resume and cover letter to: Jennifer@getonward.org
- Communications / Marketing
- Research/Data Analysis
- Sales/Business Development
Areas of impact
- Financial Literacy
- Impact Investing
- Social Sector