About the Partnerships Manager position– Based in Sikasso, Mali
myAgro aims to reach 1 million farmers by 2025 and has recently launched a partnerships program to achieve its ambitious target. The partnerships team develops, tests and scales an easily replicable yet impactful model that can be implemented together with partners across Africa.
The Partnerships Manager role is a newly created position crucial for the team and myAgro’s vision. Reporting to the Director of Partnerships, and working closing with teams across the organization, you will be in charge of developing, managing and scaling 2-3 key partnerships for myAgro in Mali. Together with the partnerships team, you will work towards collecting trial learnings and refining the partnerships model for scale.
- Team management: Manage a team of 2-3 program associates in implementing the partnerships pilots and provide oversight and support to the wider team of 15-20 staff to support myAgro’s partnerships in Mali
- Relationship Building & Communication: Establish strong relationships with our regional partners and communicate regularly on pilot progress and plan
- M&E and learning: Design and manage a M&E program throughout the trials and use learnings and data to refine the pilot model and inform future partnerships decisions
- Partnerships model: Lead strategic thinking on how myAgro’s partnership model can leverage the network of its partners to achieve maximum impact, sustainability and scale
- Strategic input: Be a key voice and provide input into the strategic partnerships plan based on your data analytics and deep understanding of myAgro’s partnership operations & customers.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Proficiency in French and English
- At least Bachelor’s degree, Master’s in related field preferred
- At least 4 years of work experience with prior project and team management experience
- At least 2 years of international, developing country experience in a similar social enterprise or project management role with significant responsibility
- Proven ability to work independently and with various stakeholders on important projects
- A passion for the mission,vision and values of myAgro
This role is competitive - It is necessary to have proven experience that you are comfortable living in rural settings. Peace Corps Alumni and alumni from high-performing social enterprises (funded by DRK, Echoing Green or Mulago) are strongly encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
myAgro is an award-winning social enterprise working in Mali and Senegal, West Africa. Our North Star is to reach 1 million small-scale farmers to increase their income by $1.50 per day to move out of poverty. We’re doing that by using an innovative digital layaway platform that helps farmers save up for fertilizer, seed, and training to increase the profit they earn from their farm. We are proud to have received recognition for our work from Echoing Green, Draper Richards Kaplan Foundation, One Acre Fund, Mulago Foundation, The Salesforce Foundation and The Tech Museum, among others. Learn more about our model or what it takes to work at myAgro.
- Compensation is modest but competitive with other social enterprises
- Initial flight to West Africa, additional flight in year 2
- Excellent global health benefits
- 4 weeks of annual vacation plus national holidays
- Stipend for local language lessons
Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
- Communications / Marketing
- Project/ Program Management
- Research/Data Analysis
- Sales/Business Development
Areas of impact