People Operations, Senior Associate
Net Impact is currently seeking an early career professional who is passionate about social and environmental issues to join our high-performing team as the Senior Associate of People Operations. The Senior Associate will partner with the Senior Manager, Finance and Operations to execute all aspects of talent management, HR, and general operations at Net Impact.
This is an exceptional opportunity for those who are interested in nonprofit or small business general management and have the aspiration to develop in people operations in a fast-faced organization positioned for significant growth. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, organized, resourceful team player driven by achievement. Hands-on individuals who have proven to be a systems-oriented thinker and who are excited about culture development, team building and change management will excel in this position.
Major responsibilities include:
- Create and coordinate events and activities to nurture and sustain Net Impact’s organizational culture and expectations
- Manage and drive recruitment operations
- Support the performance review processes, including annual performance reviews as well as quarterly and mid-year check-ins
- Support the professional development process by organizing internal brown bag lunches, guest speakers, on-site training, online courses, and other opportunities
- Support in office management and materials management to ensure the office has the supplies, technology, and resources needed
- Assist staff in troubleshooting everyday technology, systems support, and facilities issues
- Create and manage systems and processes to ensure operational processes are continuously improved upon
- Support the management of legal, insurance, and other operational documents, policies, and procedures to ensure a safe and legally compliant working environment
- Ensure internal compliance and execution of HR policies and procedures
- Support new hire onboarding & benefits administration and departing employees offboarding process
Overall Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2 to 3 years of related work experience (could be concurrent with school)
- High standards for excellence and exceptional attention to detail
- Outstanding written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm for optimizing processes and team culture development
- Motivated self-starter with ability to establish and meet goals and objectives; skilled at project management
- Shows great personal discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong servant leadership attitude and receives joy in helping others
- Flexibility and sense of humor
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office & Google Suite
- Deep commitment to Net Impact’s mission to inspire and equip emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world
Please send the following application materials directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without all materials or submitted via other channels will not be considered. Please write your name and the title for this position (“Your name – People Operations, Senior Associate”) in the subject line of your email.
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your qualifications
- Salary expectations
Location: Oakland, CA, USA
Compensation: Salary range for this position is $54,000 to $56,000 annually depends on experience. Competitive benefits package available, including medical, vision and dental insurance, flexible vacation and more.
About Net Impact
Net Impact inspires and equips emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world. Today’s students and emerging professionals will bring positive change to the world’s most pressing challenges. Net Impact is a leadership accelerator for these future change makers. Our programs help new leaders broaden their thinking, build their networks, and scale their impact beyond just individual actions. Simple ideas become powerful initiatives with real impact. In addition, the annual Net Impact Conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world. With more than 400 chapters in nearly 50 countries, the Net Impact network is a diverse and determined force for good. Their local actions create ripples that reach tens of thousands of individuals and make an impact on some of the most pressing issues of our time. Please visit www.netimpact.org to learn more about our work.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making impact.
Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.