Private Grants Database Analyst, Resource Development
WHAT LISC DOES
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
• Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
• Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
• Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
• Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
• Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $20 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 32 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco. Visit us at www.lisc.org.
LISC is seeking candidates for the position of Private Grants Database Analyst. This position sits within LISC’s national Development Department in New York, reporting to the Senior Development Officer and part of the resource development team, which is responsible for donor relationship management, business development, grant preparation, reporting tracking and acknowledgement.
The position will be responsible for maintaining the highest level of data integrity within LISC’s Salesforce system (our fundraising and relationship management database). S/he will work with staff from LISC sites across the country and national programs as well as working closely with LISC’s Finance Accounting Department to ensure accurate gift processing and acknowledgement across the more than 1,000 annual gifts. In addition, the Analyst will generate reports and metrics within Salesforce to track performance against corporate fundraising goals and support the Development group’s use of Salesforce to track prospect management, solicitation, and stewardship activities. S/he will assist in the expanding usage of the system across the organization so that the system is a key tool that provides information for relationship management, business development, donor cultivation, stewardship and reporting.
Essential Responsibilities include:
• Maintain quality of national and local fundraising and donor contact information entered into Salesforce as part of all front-end donor stewardship from cultivation to acknowledgement
• Support donor acknowledgement function
• Identify and resolve issues related to the use of Salesforce for fundraising and business development, including duplications, account ownership, etc.
• Act as primary data entry point person for national development team
Reports and Metrics
• Generate reports on LISC sites and programs progress towards fundraising goals, including status of proposals
• Maintain analytic reports and dashboards on fundraising performance by program, funder and year, incorporating data from Salesforce
• Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required by senior management
Technical Support on Usage
• Provide technical assistance to local LISC offices to increase adoption and usage of Salesforce
• Contribute to a culture of strong data quality practices across the broader organization
• Continuously identify business process improvements for effective and efficient relationship management, acknowledgement of donors and data tracking to drive growth in fundraising
Assist with additional special assignments and projects, as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
• Minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional experience.
• Extensive knowledge of Salesforce, particularly using the platform as a fundraising and grants management tool.
• Excellent computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Excel and web research techniques. Ability to learn new software and automated systems when appropriate.
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
LISC provides a competitive salary and excellent fringe benefits. The position will be located in LISC’s New York City headquarters.
TO APPLY, please email a cover letter and resume to:
Maria Rivera (firstname.lastname@example.org)
No phone calls, please.
Areas of impact
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Financial Literacy
- Impact Investing