Program Assistant/Senior Program Assistant
The U.S. Impact Investing Alliance
The U.S. Impact Investing Alliance (“the Alliance”) is a field building organization dedicating to increasing the practice of impact investing. The Alliance defines impact investing broadly, encompassing strategies across asset classes, geographies and a range of risk-return expectations. The vision of the Alliance is to catalyze a movement that will transform finance by putting measurable social, economic and environmental impact, alongside risk and financial return, at the core of investment decisions. Our work spans policy advocacy, investor engagement and broader movement building.
The Alliance is seeking a Program Assistant or Senior Program Assistant to support a diverse portfolio of projects and work streams. The Program Assistant will play a critical role in the planning and execution of events, stakeholder engagement and public communications efforts. As the Alliance is a new and growing organization, the Program Assistant will have an opportunity to work across a range of projects, develop multiple competencies and contribute to shaping strategies through 2020 and beyond.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
Research & Presentations
- Analyze internal and external data, secondary research and other information sources to inform the programming and communications of the Alliance.
- Assist in researching and preparing presentations and briefings for internal and external stakeholders and governing bodies.
- Conduct research on policymakers and influencers to inform advocacy strategy and execution.
- Monitor news and publications relevant to impact investing and related public policy.
- In consultation with supervisor, develop competency in one or more topic areas to supplement and inform overall Alliance strategy and programming.
- Assist in drafting external communications materials to include talking points, blog posts, newsletters, op-eds, etc.
- Draft internal messaging documents for team members and various other internal stakeholders.
- Manage social media accounts and web presence for the U.S. Impact Investing Alliance.
Strategy & Development
- Participate in development of strategic planning documents.
- Support team work flow in collaboration with the Special Assistant, including developing work plans and monitoring deadlines to ensure timely execution of programmatic objectives.
- Assist in drafting grant applications, annual reports and grant reporting materials.
- As needed, some administrative or logistics support with respect to events or meetings in Washington, D.C.
- As needed, attend relevant meetings/conferences to gather information and knowledge, generating meeting notes when requested.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years’ experience in management or other consulting, finance or banking
- Microsoft Office Suite
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Familiarity with impact investing, ESG, SRI and other mission-driven investing strategies.
- Familiarity with or interest in U.S. legislative and regulatory processes.
- Experience conducting surveys and analyzing survey data.
- Experience with basic digital design such as Squarespace (or another WYSIWYG web platform) and/or basic HTML.
- Exercises discretion in working with stakeholders and sensitive information.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Extremely well organized, detail-oriented and analytical.
- Mission-driven team player willing to work in a flexible, fast-paced organization.
- Sense of humor.
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to email@example.com in order to apply. We appreciate your patience as we work to reply to applicants. Please no additional email outreach, phone calls, hard copies or drop-ins.
New Venture Fund Careers
The U.S. Impact Investing Alliance is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. NVF’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
- Project/ Program Management
Areas of impact
- Impact Investing