PROGRAM COORDINATOR-ZERO WASTE
Program Coordinator – Zero Waste
Arizona State University
FDM FM Zero Waste
Facilities Management seeks a Program Coordinator as part of the University’s Zero Waste Program to provide support in daily operations of Recycling, Composting, and other landfill diversion programs. This will include supervising full time staff and student employees that utilize many types of equipment to move material.
To be determined
• Staff, train, and develop work plans for, and inspect quality of work efforts of, employees servicing recycling and composting containers.
• Communicate service requests with contracted waste hauler.
• Maintain documents and files related to billing and equipment.
• Manage customer inquiries, including but not limited to: responding to service requests, routing information, handling complaints or problems, and making necessary adjustments of a non-routine nature.
• Schedule services.
• Communicate with customers regarding the proper techniques for disposing of materials.
• Coordinate, schedule, and track progress of specialized work projects or departmental functions.
• Assist in implementing recycling programs and disseminating public information including, but not limited to: distribution of flyers, composing emails, monitoring/posting on social media, and participating in and developing projects to increase awareness of programs.
• Educate students, staff, and faculty on existing and new sustainability programs.
• Advise university personnel and students about recycling program schedules and design pick-up routes to meet customer needs and reduce environmental impacts.
• Train students, volunteers, and staff members.
• Dispose of sensitive documents in accordance with established confidentiality standards.
• Ensure adherence to university policies and procedures.
• Utilize the computer to monitor work load and respond to requests.
• Provide exceptional customer service when interacting with students, staff and faculty
• Purchasing and inventory of all recycling receptacles
• Ability to communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform the essential functions of the job.
DAYS AND SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 7:00AM-4:00PM
Bachelor's degree in field appropriate to area of assignment AND two years administrative/coordinator program experience; OR, Six years of progressively responsible administrative/coordinator program experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
• working directly with a solid waste, zero waste, and/or sustainability program
• customer service
• employee supervision
• providing feedback
• MS Word, Publisher, and Outlook
effective verbal and written communication skills
Some work activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse. Required to stand/sit for varying lengths of time and travel moderate distances to perform work. Regular use of standard office equipment and associated computer/technology peripherals. Work activities may also require regular exposure to external environmental conditions including heat, cold, dust, wind, insects, flora and fauna indigenous to a desert climate. Extended periods of walking, stooping, bending, reaching, and kneeling. Lifting, pushing, and/or carrying objects of varying weights up to 70 pounds. Operate forklifts and compactors. Drive University vehicles and/or carts.
Facilities Development and Management measures performance expectations and seek candidates who are aware of, participate in, and encourage team support of Arizona State University's sustainability programs. The University has made an institutional commitment to lead by example through the sustainable operations of its campuses. By demonstrating exemplary practices and sharing solutions, ASU stimulates changes in individual, institutional, and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable world.
ASU offers tuition waiver (to include yourself, spouse and dependents), paid vacation and holidays, excellent benefit package, employee training and development opportunities, and an employee assistance program.
Facilities Development and Management at ASU employment requires current eligibility to legally work in the United States. Facilities Development and Management will not be a sponsor for this position.
This position is located at the University Services Building, 1551 S. Rural Road, Tempe, AZ (on Rural Road south of Apache Blvd).
Must possess a valid Arizona driver's license (minimum of Class D) upon employment and maintain throughout employment. Post-offer of employment, selected candidate must possess an acceptable driving record which is 5 or fewer points in the most recent 39 month period from date of hire.
Must pass pre-employment physical examination post offer of employment.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement:
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00pm Arizona time on the day indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
Work reference history information for 3 current and/or former supervisors will be requested at time of interview.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 55296BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partneri...
- Facilities Management