About the Position
Net Impact is looking for an experienced and passionate Program Manager to design, lead, and execute our sustainability and social issues programming. Net Impact creates opportunities for the next generation to develop as leaders who are equipped to tackle the world’s most pressing social and environmental issues. The Program Manager will join a large and high-performing Programs Team that designs and leads a portfolio of programs that enable the next generation to build skills while working on a variety of issue areas ranging from impact investing to plant-based diets to the national debt.
The Program Manager will be responsible for designing and delivering a small portfolio of programs. The Manager will primarily support Net Impact’s largest initiative, called Up to Us. Now in its eighth year, Up to Us has equipped hundreds of young people with leadership development skills by training them to run local awareness campaigns about economic topics. The Manager’s primary responsibility will be to develop and lead a pilot alumni program that provides opportunities for past Up to Us participants to re-engage with Net Impact and with one another. Over time, the Program Manager may also contribute to programs spanning a range of issue areas (e.g., climate change, racial equity, or food security) and engagement models (e.g., fellowships, regional/local events, undergraduate or graduate-based curriculum, business case competitions).
The ideal candidate is comfortable navigating high-level strategy, performance metrics, financial management, and stakeholder communications to design and drive high-performing programs. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for creating programs that engage hundreds of next generation leaders with opportunities to use and advance their skills and careers to drive positive change.
- Lead programs through their entire life cycle from inception through design, set-up, execution, and evaluation
- Develop a pilot program that engages Up to Us alumni with opportunities that nurture their professional development
- Manage relationships and reporting with key external stakeholders
- Collaborate with members of a high-performing Programs Team, as well as seasonal contractors, consultants, or vendors
- Oversee support staff member(s) as appropriate; contribute guidance to cross-functional teams, e.g., the Development, Conference, and Executive Teams
- Communicate with and maintain excellent relationships with colleagues, members of the Net Impact network, and institutional partners
- 5–8 years of work experience or equivalent: experience in social or environmental issues, higher education, policy or management, design thinking, or related fields is a plus but not required
- High standards for excellence: you have a relentless drive to exceed goals
- Program execution, project management, exceptional attention to detail: you dive into projects and pitch in as a team member to execute on all levels of projects
- Program strategy, innovation, and design: you can reinvent existing programs, improve fledgling programs, and design new programs to effectively engage a diverse audience aged 18-35+ and to satisfy program funders when applicable
- Adaptation: you are comfortable being a part of a nimble, fast-moving organization
- Resourcefulness: you understand the mindset of “doing more with less” and strive to achieve social change with relatively modest budgets common in the nonprofit/B-Corps sector
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, and Salesforce a plus
- Ability to travel (5%) as needed
Hours: Full-time Location: Oakland, CA, USA
Compensation: Salary starts at $64,000 per year; competitive benefits package
About Net Impact
Net Impact inspires and equips emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world. Today’s students and emerging professionals will bring positive change to the world’s most pressing challenges. Net Impact is a leadership accelerator for these future changemakers.
Our programs help new leaders broaden their thinking, build their networks, and scale their impact beyond just individual actions. Simple ideas—from healthy school lunches to water conservation—become powerful initiatives with real impact. In addition, the annual Net Impact conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world. With over 300 chapters in nearly 40 countries, the Net Impact network is a diverse and determined force for good. Their local actions create ripples that reach tens of thousands of individuals and make an impact on some of the most pressing issues of our time. Please visit www.netimpact.org to learn more about our work.
Please send the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications submitted via other channels will not be considered. Please write your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Program Manager”) in the subject line of your email.
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your qualifications
- Salary expectations
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making an impact. Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.