Net Impact is an established nonprofit with an entrepreneurial culture and a tight-knit team dedicated to making a difference in the world. Net Impact is seeking a highly organized Program Specialist with superior communications (written and verbal) skills to work on a temporary basis supporting our programs. The Specialist will support a variety of programs that engage young people and inspire them to take action on a range of issues from climate change to community development.
The Program Specialist is a temporary contract position that will support our programs team. The Specialist will be the primary point of contact with students and young professionals who are participating in a range of Net Impact programs. The Specialist will support program participants in a variety of ways such as: communicating with participants (primarily over email but also some phone calls); scheduling calls and meetings with participants; leading travel and event logistics for several special events; and issuing payments. The Program Specialist will be highly organized, personable, and will be interested in learning to use tools and systems to do their work and track their results. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain valuable experience in professional communications and community management for a dynamic, values-based organization.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Communicate with program participants via email and over the phone to ensure that they have the resources and information they need to fulfill program requirements
• Manage and track logistics such as issuing payments, making travel arrangements, and setting up group calls
• Maintain program tracking documents and build out processes for efficient relationship management
• Work closely with Program team leadership to report out on progress, troubleshoot, and ensure milestones are reached
• 1+ years of relevant experience (could be concurrent with school)
• Superb communications skills, both written and verbal, particularly with students and young adults
• Excellent organizational skills: we’re looking for someone who can work on multiple projects simultaneously and who is inclined to use systems to keep track of details
• Resourceful: when a question comes to mind, your first instinct is to look up an answer online
• Desire to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, rapidly changing environment
• Proficiency in Google Suite, Excel and Salesforce a major plus
About working at Net Impact
Our passionate team engages our community in events, projects, and initiatives designed to inspire and support them to make an impact now and in their future careers. We bring an entrepreneurial spirit, integrity, and optimistic outlook to work every day.
Candidates should be aware of the following attributes of working at Net Impact:
• We have a fantastic team and culture
• People at all levels must be both doers and dreamers; we are looking for visionary and creative idea people, but also individuals able to dig into details and execute
• We are a nimble and fast moving organization that shifts rapidly to meet our goals; people do well here who are comfortable with a fast pace as well as ambiguity at times
About Net Impact
Net Impact is a pioneer in the corporate sustainability space, having built a loyal following of tens of thousands over the past 24 years. Today, our community of over 100,000 individuals in 300 chapters includes students and graduate students all over the world, as well as emerging professionals who aspire to make a difference. As the central organization in Oakland, CA, we develop programs and opportunities for our global network to connect, build skills, and make a difference on important issues like racial equity, food security, and climate change. The annual Net Impact conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next generation leaders who want to transform the world.
Please email the following application materials to email@example.com. Please include your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Program Specialist”) in the subject line of your email.
Applications will not be considered without the following:
1. Cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your qualifications
Duration: Position is available immediately for full or part-time work. This role has the opportunity to last approximately 3-4 months.
Hours: Up to 40 hours a week, hours may fluctuate depending on need during peak and down times during the year
Location: Downtown Oakland, CA, USA
Compensation: $16 per hour (not eligible for benefits)
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making impact.
Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
- Project/ Program Management
Areas of impact
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Social Entrepreneurship