The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Information Technology Project Manager manages and leads medium-scale, complex IT projects. For these projects, they establish project goals and success factors, develops project plans, budgets and schedules with input and buy-in from key stakeholders and team members, and leads the project teams to successfully achieve those goals in the most cost-effective and time-saving manner possible. Throughout the project lifecycle, they monitor and measure project progress, conduct corrective action as necessary communicate project status information to all stakeholders, performs risk management, issue resolution and conflict management, and controls project scope, schedule and quality. They ensure coordination between multiple TNC departments, IT teams, TNC partners, vendors and volunteers. They obtain go/no-go decisions at all project decision points from the IT Leadership Team and identifies and obtains approval for all project deliverables from the appropriate teams. They lead the cross-organizational, cross-functional project team in using standard project management and IT methodologies and processes and ensures all TNC Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are followed. The Information Technology Project Manager works with senior management to develop and enhance IT methodologies, processes and standards, creates templates, and selects and implements project management tools. They research and incorporate industry best practices as appropriate for IT.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, and 3 years of progressive experience in an IT environment, including project management experience, or equivalent combination.
• Experience using project management techniques and tools including office tools such as the Microsoft Office suite and Microsoft Project.
• Experience managing a project team and the planning and managing aspects of medium size projects
• Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
• Project management certification preferred.
• Effectively communicates via presentations, conversations and documents.
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex medium projects in a large, decentralized organization.
• Strong dedication to the development of customer-centric standards and solutions.
• Well versed in industry best practices, and an ability to adapt them to TNC’s organization and culture.
• Critical thinker with demonstrated problem-solving skills. Results driven.
• Experience working with budgets and/or producing cost/benefit and risk analyses
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID# 47956 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST September 19, 2019. The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please visit our career center for a full list of all our open positions globally. New opportunities are posted daily!