REDF. An investment that works.
REDF is a pioneering venture philanthropy organization that invests exclusively in the growth and effectiveness of social enterprises―mission-driven businesses dedicated to helping people who otherwise would be shut out of the workforce, get jobs, keep jobs, and build a better life. Since 1997, REDF has provided funding and specialized advisory services to over 168 social enterprises in 26 states. Together, these businesses have employed over 33,000 people, and earned $650 million in revenue (and counting).
It’s an investment that works— $2.23 in benefits for every $1.00 spent.
The broader impact is in lives transformed, as people find not just work but hope, pride, belonging, and self-sufficiency. When people work, we leverage all of the talent available to our country. Families and communities are stronger—and so is our entire society.
REDF is building the field of Employment Social Enterprises (ESE) through REDFworkshop, a technology platform that informs and connects a community of people working together to build a national movement of ESEs. United in one easy-to-use platform, REDFworkshop is the place to go for those who want to learn about social enterprise, grow their businesses, increase their impact, and support the power of a job to transform a life.
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced, and passionate individual to join the REDFworkshop team to:
• create and foster relationships among REDFworkshop members,
• be the pulse on identifying and connecting with social enterprises new to REDF,
• determine trends and innovations to share through original and distributed content,
• host regional convenings around the country, and
• provide direct technical assistance to early stage social enterprises.
If you are strong in building relationships with people, know how to assess needs and provide solutions, and have a creative voice that can build momentum among ESEs to collectively learn from and support each other, we would love for you to apply and work with us at REDF.
Employment Social Enterprise Recruitment + Engagement
• Create and manage a membership recruitment/engagement process to identify and verify new members, increase network membership, and retain members.
• Manage all aspects of member engagement, including but not limited to peer connections, platform user experience and navigation, ESE news and events, and ESE highlights.
• Serve as the REDFworkshop concierge and entry point into REDF for new ESEs by providing personalized member services that introduce new members to the full range of REDFworkshop products and REDF programs.
• Conduct ongoing market research to identify new ESEs and identify trends in the sector.
Technical Assistance (TA)
• Serve as the tools suite expert and directly support start-up and early stage employment social enterprises to utilize the tools for capacity growth in their ESE.
• Track and manage the transition of ESE’s operational capacity to connect to other relevant REDF programming.
• Work collaboratively with the Product Manager to design monthly content plan and source content from members.
• As part of the REDFworkshop team, partner with REDF communications team to produce and deliver creative content highlighting members and design campaigns to increase visibility of employment social enterprise and build REDFworkshop membership and activity.
Platform and Data Management Support
• Work in partnership with the Product Manager to deliver an effective REDFworkshop.org platform that connects the field and builds an impactful network among employment social enterprise practitioners.
• Manager to build out a tools suite tracking management system to measure ESE utilization and achievement.
• Bachelor’s degree with plus 3-5 years of program experience
• Service oriented – able to identify needs and provide excellent platform support to REDFworkshop social enterprise members
• Experience providing technical assistance to start-up and early stage entrepreneurs a plus
• Strong creative skill set, able to develop and partner with others to create compelling content for online/website materials and video
• Exceptional project management skills - must be organized, detail oriented, able to manage competing priorities, event logistics, and excellent follow through skills
• Effective written/oral communication; well-developed research skills and interpersonal skills
• Proficient in MS Office Suite
• Demonstrated experience dealing with ambiguity in fast-paced environment
• Ability to travel for work within California and domestically
• Ability to help craft REDF’s next 15 years of impact
• Work with passionate, dedicated people
• Apply your passion for social change in your career
• Operate with a high degree of autonomy in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Competitive, comprehensive benefits package
Please submit your resume and cover letter via REDF’s applicant portal.
REDF is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with staff members and prospective employees, and will not discriminate against applicants for employment because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sex, or sexual orientation. REDF encourages employment applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities REDF serves. Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, REDF will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you need an accommodation to complete the online application, please call 415.561.6633. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within one business day. Alternatively, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
- Project/ Program Management
Areas of impact
- Social Entrepreneurship