Rhode Island Climate and Energy Program Manager
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Climate and Energy Program Manager will bring policy knowledge and capacity to help advance clean energy and climate policy development, engage with relevant state and regional stakeholders and coordinate strategies and tactics that will touch down in multiple locations.
The Climate and Energy Program Manager will work closely with TNC staff in the Northeast states to identify strategies and develop advocacy campaigns in order to advance and lead efforts in support of Rhode Island’s climate and energy policy priorities. They will provide research and policy analysis as well as track policies and decisions that directly affect TNC’s climate and clean energy goals. They will also build networks and strategic partnerships with local and state government, the private sector, non-governmental agencies, academia and professional and trade associations to help form a broad, diverse coalition that supports and advances the relevant work.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and 3 years related experience, or an equivalent combination;
• Skilled in influence without authority, facilitation, listening, diplomacy and tact to build strong relationships with relevant partners;
• Experience with legislative, planning, policy or corporate initiatives;
• Strong communication and presentation skills with experience in working with government staff and/or program leadership.
• Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences;
•Strong advocacy and organizing skills, political savvy, and experience working with multiple constituencies;
• Familiarity with climate and energy policy issues such as the Transportation Climate Initiative, RGGI, carbon pricing, optimized energy siting, and energy procurement in Rhode Island and the Northeastern United States;
• Experience presenting to and communicating with management-level individuals in complex policy situations within the corporate and government sector.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID# 47893 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST September 15, 2019. The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please visit our career center for a full list of all our open positions globally. New opportunities are posted daily!