Senior Finance Associate (Nonprofit FP&A)
Net Impact is currently seeking a fast-moving, highly organized, and thoughtful professional to serve as its Senior Finance Associate. The Senior Associate will partner with the Associate Director, Finance and Operations to execute all aspects of finance at Net Impact.
This is an exceptional opportunity for those who are interested in nonprofit or small business financial management and have the aspiration to develop in a fast-faced organization positioned for significant growth. The ideal candidate will be a system-oriented thinker who enjoys working with numbers, ideally with 1 to 3 years of experience in financial projections, budget management and data analysis in any industry.
At this time, Net Impact can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis. Unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Major responsibilities include:
- Work with Associate Director to execute all finance and accounting operations including but not limited to supporting the annual budgeting process, monthly and quarterly financial projection process, restricted grant management and reporting, expense tracking, cash management, budget to actual board reporting and the annual audit
- Produce internal financial management reports, including key financial metrics and regular reporting
- Support Associate Director in conducting financial analysis on Net Impact’s largest initiative, Up to Us, to drive program financial efficiency and effectiveness
- Support Associate Director in developing and managing program budgets and developing ongoing projections with staff
- Support the preparation of the outsourced annual tax filings
- Support the management of Net Impact system of policies, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures and educate and assist team with the stated policies
- Conduct ad hoc financial analysis as required and complete ad hoc projects as needed
Overall Qualifications / Requirements:
Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about efficiency and effectiveness, and has a background executing finance activities at a similar sized or larger organization. Direct nonprofit finance/accounting experience is preferred but not required. Candidates without nonprofit experience but has had exposure to financial projection or budget management through academics or volunteer positions in any industry are welcome to apply.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in financial projections, budget management and/or data analysis in any industry (could be concurrent with school)
- High standards for excellence and exceptional attention to detail
- Proven analytic abilities, including quantitative analysis, proficiency with Excel
- Motivated self-starter with ability to establish and meet goals and objectives
- Shows great personal discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality on financial information
- Deep commitment to Net Impact’s mission to inspire and equip emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world
Please send the following application materials directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications submitted via other channels or without all materials will NOT be considered. Please write your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Senior Finance Associate”) in the subject line of your email.
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your qualifications
- Salary expectations
Location: Oakland, CA, USA
Compensation: Salary range for this position is $56,000 to $60,000 annually depends on experience. Competitive benefits package available, including medical, vision and dental insurance, flexible vacation and more.
About Net Impact
Net Impact inspires and equips emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world. Today’s students and emerging professionals will bring positive change to the world’s most pressing challenges. Net Impact is a leadership accelerator for these future change makers. Our programs help new leaders broaden their thinking, build their networks, and scale their impact beyond just individual actions. Simple ideas become powerful initiatives with real impact. In addition, the annual Net Impact Conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world. With more than 400 chapters in nearly 50 countries, the Net Impact network is a diverse and determined force for good. Their local actions create ripples that reach tens of thousands of individuals and make an impact on some of the most pressing issues of our time. Please visit www.netimpact.org to learn more about our work.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making impact.
Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.