Senior Manager, Outreach
We are looking for a highly entrepreneurial and motivated Senior Outreach Manager to develop outreach strategy and lead execution for our growing network. This person is the engine for Net Impact’s member engagement. They will be responsible for recruiting thousands of young people each year to participate in a portfolio of leadership programs on diverse issues, from fiscal and economic challenges to food security to climate change, and more.
The Senior Manager, Outreach will be both a strategic leader and a do-er who leads with confidence and empathy. To reach the right audiences, this person will test and scale diverse approaches, including sourcing the right leads on campuses, using digital tools to reach college students, building lasting partnerships, and bringing Net Impact to life at events. They will supervise the contributions of a small team of contractors and full-time staff, but they will also roll up their sleeves to perform tasks like those above to get the job done.
The ideal candidate enjoys problem-solving, collaboration, and leading a team to success. They are highly motivated, extremely organized, an excellent communicator, and driven by achievement. This role is fast-paced and will prove demanding during high volume times, so the individual must be energetic, eager, and resourceful.
- Develop and implement strategic recruiting and outreach plans to engage students and young professionals to participate in our ever-growing programs, events, and leadership opportunities
- Develop and organize outreach communications to leads in and out of network, including email copy, phone scripts, ad creation, and external collateral
- Lead sourcing and management to maintain a healthy and active pipeline both in and out of network
- Cultivate relationships with students, faculty, and more for expanded opportunities and to increase campus retention repeat engagement
- Identify and steward long-term relationships with potential partners in program recruitment, as well as collaborate with programmatic partners toward mutually beneficial goals
- Create systems for tracking metrics to evaluate various strategies, key sources, and analyze acquisition efficiency
- Manage contractors and fellows to execute outreach plans throughout the year
- 5-7 years’ relevant experience in , sales, recruiting/outreach, partnership development, community management, or equivalent
- Experience managing fast-paced projects with measurable goals and deadlines
- 1-3 years’ experience hiring and supervising contractors or full time staff
- Tendency to take initiative naturally: an action-oriented self-starter who is able to manage multiple projects and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to motivate audiences to take action in diverse formats, including over the phone, recruiting at live events, and through strategic written communications
- Ability to talk with students, faculty, and professionals about a wide range of topics with ease
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
- Salesforce experience preferred
- Work experience with students or higher education organizations a plus
- Interest in corporate social responsibility, sustainability, and impact investing
About Net Impact
Net Impact inspires and equips emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world. Today’s students and emerging professionals will bring positive change to the world’s most pressing challenges. Net Impact is a leadership accelerator for these future change makers. Our programs help new leaders broaden their thinking, build their networks, and scale their impact beyond just individual actions. Simple ideas become powerful initiatives with real impact. In addition, the annual Net Impact Conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world. With more than 400 chapters in nearly 50 countries, the Net Impact network is a diverse and determined force for good. Their local actions create ripples that reach tens of thousands of individuals and make an impact on some of the most pressing issues of our time. Please visit www.netimpact.org to learn more about our work.
Please send the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write your name and the title for this position (Your name – Senior Manager, Outreach) in the subject line of your email.
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your qualifications
Location: Oakland, CA, USA
Compensation: Competitive compensation. Generous benefits package available, including medical, vision and dental insurance, flexible vacation and more.
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making impact.
Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.