Senior Manager, Programs
About the Position
Net Impact is looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Program Manager to design, lead, and execute our sustainability and social issues programming to equip emerging leaders in sustainability, corporate responsibility, and social innovation.
The Senior Program Manager will focus on designing and delivering programs that are core to Net Impact’s mission and audiences. The candidate will be responsible for managing and supporting activities spanning a range of issue areas (e.g., climate change, racial equity, or food security) and engagement models (e.g., fellowships, regional/local events, undergraduate or graduate-based curriculum, business case competitions).
The ideal candidate is comfortable navigating high-level strategy, performance metrics, budgets, design thinking, and stakeholder communications to design and drive high-performing programs. The ideal candidate will also be able to successfully integrate programs with Net Impact’s conference; for 25 years, Net Impact’s annual flagship conference has been widely regarded as the premier gathering of students, professionals, and experts committed to making a lasting social and environmental impact.
- Oversee and help deliver programs that engage hundreds of next generation leaders with opportunities to use and advance their skills and careers to drive positive change
- Lead programs through their entire life cycle from inception through design, set-up, execution, and evaluation
- Manage and collaborate with members of a high-performing Programs Team, as well as seasonal contractors, consultants, or vendors
- Oversee support staff member(s) as appropriate; provide logistical guidance and feedback to cross-functional teams
- Communicate and maintain relationships with colleagues, students, members of the Net Impact network, Chapter Leaders, institutional partners, etc.
- Minimum of 5–8+ years of work experience or equivalent; experience in social or environmental issues, higher education, policy or management, design thinking, or related fields is a plus but not required
- High standards for excellence: you have a relentless drive to exceed goals
- Program execution, project management, exceptional attention to detail: you must dive into a variety of projects and pitch in as a team member to execute on all levels of projects
- Program strategy, innovation, and design: you can reinvent existing programs, improve fledgling programs, and design new programs to effectively engage a diverse audience aged 18-35+ and to satisfy program funders when applicable
- Adaptation: you are comfortable being a part of a nimble, fast-moving organization
- Resourcefulness: you understand the mindset of “doing more with less” and strive to achieve social change with relatively modest budgets common in the nonprofit/B-Corps sector
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, and Salesforce a plus
- Ability to travel (5%) as needed
Hours: Full-time Location: Oakland, CA, USA
Compensation: Competitive compensation and benefits package
About Net Impact
Net Impact inspires and equips emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world. Today’s students and emerging professionals will bring positive change to the world’s most pressing challenges. Net Impact is a leadership accelerator for these future changemakers.
Our programs help new leaders broaden their thinking, build their networks, and scale their impact beyond just individual actions. Simple ideas—from healthy school lunches to water conservation—become powerful initiatives with real impact. In addition, the annual Net Impact conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world. With over 300 chapters in nearly 40 countries, the Net Impact network is a diverse and determined force for good. Their local actions create ripples that reach tens of thousands of individuals and make an impact on some of the most pressing issues of our time. Please visit www.netimpact.org to learn more about our work.
Please send the following application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Senior Manager”) in the subject line of your email.
1. Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your qualifications
3. Salary expectations
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making an impact. Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.