Senior Marketing Manager
About the Position
The Senior Marketing Manager will play a key role in managing and coordinating Net Impact’s marketing efforts by leveraging internal and external teams, to ensure projects are on-time, on-budget, and to scope. This position is ideal for a hands-on project manager who can take projects from conception to implementation and has a proven track record of managing integrated campaigns.
The Senior Marketing Manager will be a part of a larger cross-functional team working in an agile environment to meet and exceed the needs of the organization and will primarily support Net Impact’s largest initiative, called Up to Us. Now in its eighth year, Up to Us has equipped hundreds of young people with leadership development skills by training them to run local awareness campaigns about economic topics. Over time, the Senior Marketing Manager may also contribute to programs spanning a range of issue areas (e.g., climate change, racial equity, or food security), as well as serving the org brand marketing efforts. He or she will partner with leadership, clients, and program team leads to create messaging and develop, execute, and measure a marketing/communications strategy using both traditional and digital channels.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an exceptional, creative marketer and strong project manager with an interest in corporate responsibility and related topics. The manager will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and work closely with other Net Impact program leads, team members, stakeholders, and vendors at all levels.
- Develop strategies and execute tactics to increase awareness and impact of Net Impact’s programs via content development, search (organic/paid), social media, email, partnerships, and more
- Develop strategies and oversee execution of lead generation campaigns that aid in the successful recruitment of new members and program participants
- Leverage internal teams and identify and manage external vendors to ensure projects are on-time, on-budget, and to scope
- Oversee budget management for program marketing initiatives, including but not limited to accurate forecasting and timely reporting
- Maintain and communicate real-time tracking of program details, status, cost, and progress toward KPIs
- Measure and analyze success of strategies and tactics and make recommendations for future projects
- Collaborate with stakeholders to provide on-going campaign/program support, including but not limited to updating and maintaining website pages, marketing materials, email campaigns, and more
- Act as a steward of Net Impact’s brand messaging, maintaining consistency throughout collateral
- In addition to a strong commitment to Net Impact’s mission, this individual should be a team player, problem solver, and “doer” with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- BA/BS or graduate degree (marketing, communications, or related degree a plus)
- 5-8 years relevant experience
- Experience working as a project manager, with proven success of meeting and exceeding goals and objectives
- Organized, multi-tasker who is able to manage multiple projects and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communications and partnership skills
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented, with proven track record of exceeding goals and reporting on performance and insights
- Experience developing, executing and measuring integrated campaigns across multiple online channels (blogs, social media, email, search)
- Experience with email marketing and CRM software a must, experience with Pardot and Salesforce CRM, a plus
- Design experience and proficiency in Adobe Creative Design Suite, a plus
- Experience with Google advertising tools and platforms: Adwords Campaign Manager, Google Analytics, a plus
Commitment to Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Net Impact encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to our mission and making impact.
Net Impact is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Please send the following application materials to email@example.com. Applications submitted via other channels or without all materials will not be considered. Please include in the subject line your name and the title for this position (“Your name – Senior Marketing Manager”).
- Thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the position and your qualifications
- Salary expectations
Location: Oakland, CA, USA
Compensation: Salary starts at $74,000 per year; competitive benefits package.
About Net Impact
Net Impact inspires and equips emerging leaders to build a more just and sustainable world. Today’s students and emerging professionals will bring positive change to the world’s most pressing challenges. Net Impact is a leadership accelerator for these future change makers. Our programs help new leaders broaden their thinking, build their networks, and scale their impact beyond just individual actions. Simple ideas become powerful initiatives with real impact. In addition, the annual Net Impact Conference is renowned as a premier inspirational gathering for next-generation leaders who want to transform the world. With more than 400 chapters in nearly 50 countries, the Net Impact network is a diverse and determined force for good. Their local actions create ripples that reach tens of thousands of individuals and make an impact on some of the most pressing issues of our time. Please visit www.netimpact.org to learn more about our work.