The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Senior Paralegal assists attorneys in providing highly specialized legal services on complex and/or high value matters to advance TNC priorities, including with respect to impact investment activities, and appropriately manage risk.
With minimal supervision from a TNC attorney, the Senior Paralegal provides an advanced level of expertise to support and coordinate legal services on complex and/or high value matters for assigned business units or projects, ensuring that transactions and activities are legally sound and consistent with TNC’s mission, authority, policies, and procedures. The Senior Paralegal applies advanced knowledge and skills to serve organizational needs in a highly efficient and effective manner. They are able to effectively articulate relevant legal concepts and internal policies and procedures to others. They have a solid understanding of the concept of legal liability and risk management.
This is a full-time, hourly position.
• Bachelor’s degree in paralegal or legal assistant studies plus 4 years of combined legal and administrative experience OR equivalent qualifications acquired through coursework and/or related job experience that demonstrates assumption of significant responsibilities for supporting and coordinating complex or specialized legal work.
• Advanced experience conducting research on the Internet and in other legal resources.
• Advanced experience with MS Office Suite, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook and any other relevant technology.
• Excellent writing skills.
• Experience working across cultures.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural experience appreciated.
• Relevant legal experience (contracts administration and review).
• Experience with editing and drafting of documents.
• Experience with project and process management to ensure efficient work-flow.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply (both resume and cover letter are required), please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID# 48009 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST October 7, 2019.
Please visit our career center for a full list of all our open positions globally. New opportunities are posted daily!
- Lawyer/Legal Services
Areas of impact