Senior Project Director, Adult Learning
About Digital Promise:
Digital Promise is an independent, bipartisan 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization authorized by Congress to spur innovation in education for all levels of learners. Positioned at the intersection of educators, entrepreneurs, and researchers, Digital Promise identifies, develops, and promotes strategies to improve all levels of education and provide Americans with the knowledge and skills needed to compete in the global economy. Digital Promise is a fast-paced, growing, entrepreneurial organization that values and rewards performance, collaboration, and innovation.
About the Position:
Millions of adults are undereducated and underemployed and seek learning opportunities to set themselves up for a more productive future. Technology can serve to improve opportunities and outcomes for adult learners and we believe that there needs to be additional collaboration, investment and innovation to improve their opportunities to learn. The Senior Project Director of Adult Learning will be responsible for spurring innovation in the adult learning field by engaging in the national conversation and designing and developing strategies and technologies to advance the field.
Key Responsibilities include:
* Lead Digital Promise in framing and executing a strategy to advance the positive impact innovation and digital learning technologies can have on the success of adult learners.
* Engage a cohort of key stakeholders around how to most effectively design, develop, and deploy digital learning for adult learners.
* Use inclusive innovation practices to ensure the voice and perspective of workers themselves is core to designing and advancing strategies, tools and practices.
* Advance research and development by curating basic research and developing and publishing resources on skill gaps, adult learning sciences, data sharing and interoperability and technology’s promise and application.
* Lead a national conversation by developing coordinated communications and advocacy strategies to highlight the challenges and opportunities for improving opportunities for adult learners. This includes attending and leading conversations at conferences and events, leveraging traditional and new media to raise awareness of the need for technology to support advancing opportunities for adult learners.
* Engage in the work to build an ecosystem of credentials to support adults with advancing their prospects in education and employment
* Establish and maintain high quality relationships with funders and investors.
* Bachelor's degree required. Ph.D., MBA, or master’s degree in a related field preferred
* 10+ years of experience in education, education technology, education policy, or relevant consulting experience.
* Expertise in adult education required. Experience spurring innovation and investment in education preferred.
* Experience developing and designing communications campaigns.
* Experience managing complex projects that include multiple stakeholder groups to meet ambitious goals.
* Experience building and managing high-performing teams.
* Excellent analytical, written, and oral communication skills and ability to communicate with and lead a diverse group of stakeholders.
* Ability to think strategically, work collaboratively, and use a consultative approach to problem solving and decision-making.
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and manage competing tasks, deadlines, requirements, and decisions. Stellar attention to detail.
* Ability to travel as required.
* Positive “can-do” “yes-and” spirit.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Please apply and submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements. Applicants are encouraged to submit their materials as soon as possible. Review will be on a rolling basis until the search is successful.
Digital Promise is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Education / Teaching
- Project/ Program Management
Areas of impact