Sr. ETL/Data Warehouse Engineer
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Sr. ETL / Data Warehouse Engineer (Information Technology Analyst III) leads the development of data warehousing solutions to power business intelligence at The Nature Conservancy. As a part of the Application Management and Analytics team, they will synthesize business requirements for conservation, operational and fundraising information, and create and implement solutions to integrate data from various enterprise systems. You will be based in the HQ office of TNC, in Arlington, Virginia.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field and/or combined equivalent of education and experience.
• 5 years of experience as a business or technical professional in business intelligence, data modeling or related field.
• Experience in designing, building, and maintaining ETL processes geared toward delivering Business Intelligence. (> 3 years)
• Knowledge of data warehouse methodology and data modeling. (> 3 years)
• Experience in defining and documenting complex systems requirements.
• Experience working with SAS Data Integration Studio and Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
• Experience with building database objects in Microsoft SQL Server, optimizing queries and writing stored procedures.
• Experience in extracting data from various APIs.
• Experience with software development methodologies.
• Ability and desire to mentor and train others.
• Strong ability to analyze business requirements and recommend solutions.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID#47191 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST January 18, 2019. The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.