Sr. IT Business Analyst
The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
Your Position with TNC
The Sr. Application Development & Support Engineer participates in all functions of complex technology applications development life cycles utilizing TNC’s basic project management disciplines and performs complex professional work in system development. They analyze and document end user and technology-user business requirements for technology projects with wide range of complexity at varying levels of impact on organization-wide initiatives. They design and develop new, complex technology systems and solutions according to system requirements following TNC methodology and development best practices. Acts as a lead technologist on technology application maintenance projects related to application upgrades, conversion and modifications. Performs tasks assigned as required to complete project including design, development, running specific programs, generating reports and analyzing results. They provide support for production problems as assigned. They act as a final quality assurance analyst to conduct peer reviews and validate programmer analyst work done for moderately complex matters.
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field and/or combined equivalent of education and experience.
• 5 years of experience as a business or technical professional in Information Technology or a related field.
• Experience in defining and documenting complex systems requirements.
• Experience in communicating effectively with internal and external audiences.
• Experience with agile software development methodologies and processes.
• Strong ability to analyze and model business processes and recommend solutions.
• Experience with the development and execution of test plans.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Strong dedication to the development of successful customer outcomes.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Demonstrated team-building skills.
• Ability and desire to mentor and train others.
• Supervisory experience or experience managing a team of peer professionals.
• Vendor management experience.
• Experience with conservation strategies and practices.
• Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience appreciated.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID#47202 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST May 10, 2019. The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.