The Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 72 countries, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Staff Accountant provides specialized services in analyzing financial reports, preparing journal entries, accounting; or similar financial activities for a department or business unit. They have a high level of expertise in their area(s) of specialization. The Staff Accountant administers and maintains finance/accounting activities in accordance with TNC policies and procedures and best practices in financial management. The Staff accountant provides assistance to staff in their specialty area. They respond to moderately complex employee/management questions and problems based on advanced knowledge of the subject area.
Desired Skills & Experience (education and years of experience, key competencies)
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field and 3 years' related experience or equivalent combination.
• Experience with accounting/financial issues and analysis.
• Experience using accounting and financial reporting systems, such as Agresso Business World (ABW) and Blackbaud CRM.
• Technical experience with spreadsheet programs, general ledger reports, and financial management tools.
• Experience with GAAP and fund accounting principles, practices, and regulation.
• Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data. Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work independently to identify resources and resolve issues encountered.
• Non-profit accounting and auditing experience.
• Ability to interpret and implement new and revised accounting pronouncements.
• May require technical expertise on complex accounting/financial issues.
• Able to effectively communicate using a variety of media (e.g. email, Skype for Business, phone) to overcome barriers such as remote work locations, differences in language and time zones and technology limitations.
• Flexibility to changing situations and priorities
For more information and to apply, please visit www.nature.org/careers and search for job ID#47739 in the keyword search. Deadline to apply is 11:59 PM EST July 5, 2019. The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please visit our career center for a full list of all our open positions globally. New opportunities are posted daily!
Areas of impact