Strategic Partnerships Advisor
The Strategic Partnerships Advisor will provide a wide range of business development and project management support as part of the Strategic Partnerships (SP) team. A successful candidate will work as an integral part of the SP team supporting the facilitation of the intake process across our four key client segments: High Networth Individuals and Families, Foundations, Social Change Leaders and mission-aligned Corporate partners. This role will work to support the assessment and onboarding of new clients in collaboration with departments across Tides including, client services, human resources, finance, and legal and risk compliance. The position will also support intake and proactive outreach and engagement efforts of prospective foundation partners and individual and family donor partners. The SPA will also project manage and support other internal business development projects, including: proposal production, presentation development, and ongoing process improvements.
This role is an exempt position. Exempt employees are expected to work the appropriate and necessary time in order to complete key assignments and related tasks on schedule. This role can be based in the New York and San Francisco office.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
New Business Pipeline Management and Intake (50%)
· Serve as the first point of contact for incoming foundation and individual and family donor clients.
· Manage a mixed pipeline of prospective clients across all four segments, with lead focus on new partnerships among Foundations and High Networth Individuals and Family donor clients.
· Assess mission-alignment and understand the needs of prospective clients during intake using a consultative sales approach.
· Assess risk factors related to human resources, finance, fundraising, and strategic plans in alignment with Tides policies and in collaboration with relevant departments across Tides.
· Determine and articulate how Tides’ solutions can help clients meet their goals and increase opportunities for impact.
· Cultivate a level of expertise to advise our donors and partners on strategic giving, philanthropic advising, and issue area focus, in alignment with Tides’ areas of focus
Project Management (25%)
· Support and contribute to ongoing improvements for intake and onboarding of new clients in collaboration with relevant departments across Tides.
· Coordinate review and response for request for proposals from prospective foundation partners, including coordination across the organization to facilitate efficient responses.
· Develop and coordinate in collaboration with the SP Team ongoing presentations of new business activity for internal stakeholders.
· Lead project management and tracking of ongoing projects across the SP Team utilizing project management tools such as Trello.
· Support the Director of Strategic Partnerships and a Client Services Director in the management and execution of engagement activities pertaining to a specific client segment.
Outreach and Engagement (25%)
· Support SP Team and Communications Department in outreach strategies for foundations and donors including ongoing refinement of Tides’ solutions for individualsOpens a New Window. and solutions for foundationsOpens a New Window..
· Develop in collaboration with relevant departments across Tides external communication resources outlining intake and new client experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· A strong understanding of nonprofit organizational development including fiscal sponsor and other shared services models.
· Strong project management skills, high attention to details and solid experience in working across organizations undertaking significant, complex planning efforts.
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize amongst multiple commitments, and to drive multiple high profile and complex projects simultaneously in a challenging and fluid environment.
· Able to work comfortably both independently and in coordination with cross-functional teams.
· Personal alignment with Tides Vision, Mission and Approach.
· Ability to work effectively with people from different cultures, backgrounds and perspectives.
· Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with partners and internal and external stakeholders.
· Excellent listening, writing, negotiation, and presentation skills with senior leaders and business partners
· B.A./B.S. or higher degree, or equivalent experience.
· 5+ years of relevant work experience in nonprofit management, client-focused consulting, or philanthropic advisory services. Preference for experience working with fiscal sponsorship and/or other nonprofit organizational models.
· Demonstrated experience in process and project management and the ability to juggle multiple projects and prioritize effectively.
· Proficiency in Salesforce and project management software preferred.
· Knowledge in fields of social innovation and social justice, including scaling of nonprofit organizations, grantmaking, multi-stakeholder collaborative partnerships, and/or impact and evaluation.
Please submit a resume and a thoughtful cover letter online. Your cover letter should express your interest in working for Tides and your qualifications for the role. You may also share your detailed LinkedIn profile with us. Tides is an Equal Opportunity employer. We value diversity and inclusion and we look forward to reviewing applications from all who are qualified to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Tides is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. Applicants shall not be discriminated against because of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, or medical condition including acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) and AIDS-related conditions. Also pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we encourage and will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Applicants with Disabilities:
Reasonable accommodation will be made so that qualified disabled applicants may participate in the application process. Please advise in writing of special needs at the time of application.
- Sales/Business Development
Areas of impact
- Private Sector
- Social Sector