Strategic Partnerships Manager - Foundations and Private Sector
Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end users. More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet.
And yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard. The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Viamo aims to catalyze a mobile movement, connecting non-profits, governments, and businesses to the people they serve using the digital technologies they have in their pockets. Viamo envisions a world where all people have access to the information they need to make decisions for healthy, prosperous lives.
We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our fast-growing team. If you are motivated to use your skills to tackle some of the world’s toughest challenges, and do it at a place where you can learn and grow, we want you on our team.
You will be joining more than 100 colleagues working to amplify the voice of the underheard through mobile technology. You will be asked to problem-solve on a daily basis, work to develop yourself and those around you, and help shape a young, ambitious company that is powering a global movement.
About the ROLE:
The goal of the Strategic Partnerships Manager is to support Viamo’s partnership development efforts with private foundations and mission-aligned corporations. With little investment to date, Viamo has a successful track record in this area and we are looking to significantly increase our performance. We are also expecting this role to include supporting Viamo’s fundraising and investor relations efforts. This position is to be based in Washington DC, New York City, Boston, San Francisco or Toronto. It will require frequent travel and will be supervised by Viamo’s Chief Operating Officer based in Boston.
- Work with partners to design scalable, sustainable, and effective mobile engagement projects. This includes building relationships, co-designing projects, preparing budgets, and writing concept notes.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with a portfolio of ~100 foundations and corporations. This might include participating in or organizing events.
- Convince the relevant decision makers to include mobile engagement programming and Viamo’s services as a core component of their project design and proposals.
- Lead the proposal development process within Viamo, in collaboration with our Regional Directors and our 20-40 Country Managers.
- Become a thought leader within and outside the organization in terms of mobile engagement.
- Help Viamo’s fundraising team close further rounds of investment, and support communications to current investors.
Objectives and Key Performance Indicators:
- Number of people reached and impacted by programs designed (initially ~0.5MM people/yr)
- Value of contracts signed (initially ~USD 1MM/yr)
- Partner satisfaction
- Value of investment rounds closed and investor satisfaction
- Successful track record in partnership building and relationship management (3-10 years).
- Passion for the role of technology in development.
- Ability to design and articulate sector-specific (e.g. health, agriculture, D&G, education) value propositions for mobile engagement.
- Comfortable working with remote teams, startups, and/or social enterprises.
- Multiple years living and working in Africa and Asia.
- Excellent problem solving skills, proposal writing and budgeting skills.
Team and Reporting Structure:
- Report to the Chief Operating Officer based in Boston. Compensation commensurate with experience. Applications considered on a rolling basis.
WHY WORK WITH US
Purpose + Ambition
We are solving one of the world’s toughest challenges: connecting organizations to people in low-resource settings in a meaningful, respectful, and equitable way. And we’re doing it at a global scale: We aim to reach 100M unique individuals by 2021, creating a movement of more than 2,000 organizations who are using our products to engage with their end users.
Autonomy + Responsibility
Every person on our team plays a critical role in creating the organization they want to work at. Our people work with their managers to create their KPIs and are responsible for meeting their goals with little direct oversight.
As a distributed team, we work extra hard to stay connected. We have meetings with participants across 15 time zones and use a combination of tools to collaborate across departments and countries.
WHO YOU ARE
You are passionate about the potential for technology to create social change and believe that access to information leads to better decision-making.
You know the challenges of working in emerging markets and are eager to tackle them. You thrive on learning new skills and are motivated to learn and grow. You are intellectually curious, but also like to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
You want to be a part of building something new, and are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you can take ownership of your work and be a core part of a global team.
- Communications / Marketing
- Project/ Program Management
- Sales/Business Development
Areas of impact
- Private Sector