Spring Impact was founded in 2011 to address the issues of scaling in the social sector. Today Spring Impact is a global leader in social replication with a team of over 20 passionate professionals. Working from offices in London and San Francisco, the team serves clients in over 40 countries spanning the developed and developing world. Spring Impact helps clients to understand their social replication and scale options for their specific context. (see a list here)
Like its clients, Spring Impact is now ready to move beyond the start-up phase and seeks a US Director to lead the organization into expansion mode.
The US Director will join a team of three directors (two in the UK office) and lead seven staff in San Francisco and California. They will be expected to develop new business and funding to support Spring Impact’s US expansion; structure and lead teams to deliver outstanding client work; build and maintain strong client relationships; represent Spring Impact in public settings; drive advocacy and thought leadership objectives; serve as a mentor and role model for staff; and work collaboratively with other directors, the CEO and board in setting strategy and leading the organization.
For full details on each of the following areas of responsibility and qualifications please visit our website here:
- Strategic Vision and Leadership
- Business Development, Thought Leadership and External Relations
- Staff Development
- Consultancy & Client Relationship Management
- Internal Operations
- Passionate about Spring Impact’s mission.
- Share Spring Impact’s values of:
- Advanced degree preferred with 7+ years consulting experience including strategy consulting (in exceptional cases, may be open to candidates who have served in a leadership role or senior operational role within a high performing non-profit organization in lieu of consulting experience). At least five years overall experience working within, or aligned to, the social sector with a preference for global experience.
- Established relationships with philanthropists and nonprofit leaders.
- Experience working with others to translate ideas into action; ability to think beyond “what is” to “what might be” – with an eye to the practical.
- Collaborative and engaging with outstanding interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people – junior and senior, for-profit and nonprofit, and from diverse backgrounds.
- Team-orientation and collaborative approach; outstanding listening skills and the ability to manage through influence.
- Executive demeanor, comfortable functioning at the highest levels of client organizations; excellent presentation skills, including strong verbal and writing capabilities.
- Seasoned leader/director with strong entrepreneurial drive, who thrives on intellectual challenge and “raises the bar” in terms of client service delivery.
- Ability to effectively manage and motivate team members and guiding client engagements.
- Highly motivated, ambitious, mission-driven and client-service oriented.
- Open to learning and exploring new ways of achieving success.
Collaboration: Applying diverse skills to drive a more comprehensive outcome
Questioning: Challenging ourselves and our clients, continuous re-evaluation
Shared Success: We are only as good as those we assist
Building on experiences: Use scarce resources efficiently, don’t reinvent the wheel
Openness: Generous with ideas, research and experiences
- This is a full time leadership position with 7+ years of applicable experience preferred
- Work location is San Francisco Bay Area, CA with approximately 6 – 10 weeks short term national and international travel per year
- You will need existing permission to work in the US
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
The deadline to apply is Thursday, April 4 at 5:00pm PT.
For consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org including "US Director" in the subject line, a letter of interest, and resume. Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of the opportunity. No phone calls please. Only those candidates invited for screening will be contacted.
Spring Impact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or qualified job applicants based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other status or condition protected by applicable law. This policy extends to, but is not limited to, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, training and termination.
- General Management
- Sales/Business Development
Areas of impact
- Social Sector