Vice President, Impact
We are seeking a Vice President, Impact who will serve as an integral member of EarthShare’s senior management team. The Vice President, Impact will be a seasoned leader with a proven track record of creative problem solving and entrepreneurial program development within the environmental sector. A newly created position, the Vice President, Impact will report to the CEO, and work closely with the Senior Vice President of Corporate Engagement and the senior management team to ideate, develop, and implement programs and systems-scale solutions to advance our mission. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for the environment; expertise in one or more environmental impact area or sustainable development goals; deep interest and curiosity for creating impact by leveraging EarthShare’s position within the environmental nonprofit, corporate, philanthropic, and public sectors; and significant program development experience in a highly complex, self-directed, and multi-stakeholder environment. In addition, the ideal candidate will bring a record of systems leadership, an ability to foster collaboration and communication with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders, and an entrepreneurial mindset with a strong interest in learning by doing.
EarthShare is an environmental philanthropy and impact organization that has distributed over $300 million in support of the nation’s leading network of environmental and conservation organizations working to protect the health of the planet. For over 30 years, EarthShare has worked across industries and environmental issue areas to engage millions of individuals and workplaces as active participants in our mission. EarthShare participates in over 600 public and private sector workplace fundraising and engagement campaigns, delivers strategic environmental programing, and processes more than one million donor transactions and 4,000 grants to the nonprofit sector annually. With the power of a 500-member strong network of the most impactful environmental and conservation organizations behind us, EarthShare is inspiring and accelerating the environmental giving and action necessary to ensure a more sustainable and just future for all.
• Work in partnership with the CEO and the Senior Vice President of Corporate Engagement to build, develop, and implement the strategic corporate partnership programs and initiatives of the organization, which include corporate sector advisory support and employee, community, and consumer engagement programs.
• Support the development and implementation of several new strategic programs and initiatives to inspire and accelerate greater environmental giving and action; develop program proposals for current and new initiatives; create internal processes and plans to support implementation; and produce qualitative and quantitative tools to measure and report performance.
• Serve as the CEO’s primary advisor regarding organizational impact strategy and goals, inclusive of EarthShare’s commitment to support and help build a more diverse, collaborative and equitable environmental movement.
• Serve as an effective advocate and public voice for the work, impact, and vision of EarthShare;
represent EarthShare on various external Boards and Advisory Committees.
• Support fundraising and program development efforts by stewarding and cultivating key donor
• Support the senior management team with a strong day-to-day leadership presence that promotes cross-team programmatic collaboration and communication.
• Work in partnership with the Vice President of Operations to develop and analyze key performance and evaluative metrics for the organization’s work, including collecting and analyzing data that will allow for measurement and evaluation of the organization’s various programs and strategies.
• Work in partnership with the Vice President of Communications & Marketing to establish
measurable program metrics that support communication of EarthShare impact through its various programs and initiatives, to illustrate our collaborative environmental progress.
• Work in partnership with the CEO and the senior management team to support select internal Board committees to maximize their effectiveness, engagement, and impact in support of the
• Positively contribute to the organization’s culture, accountability, transparency, and impact.
• 7 + years of experience in a senior leadership position with an environmental impact organization with demonstrated expertise in one or more environmental impact area or sustainable development goals (SDGs).
• Demonstrated excellence in ideating, developing, and implementing new programs and initiatives, with a successful record of delivering expected impact and outcomes within budget and time constraints.
• Demonstrated professional and personal passion for and alignment with EarthShare’s mission and vision.
• A Graduate degree or equivalent work experience in a relevant field (environmental or social impact, philanthropy, public policy, nonprofit management, corporate social responsibility, or management consulting).
• A proven track record of establishing and working towards goals, and evidence of the ability to
consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and
• An active problem-solver, with the ability to think strategically and anticipate future consequences and trends.
• Exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Self-motivated and ability to thrive in a dynamic, self-directed, and fast-paced environment.
• Collaborative working style with an ability to lead and build consensus.
Salary + Benefits
This is a full-time position with the opportunity for location flexibility, though close proximity to Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York City, or Chicago is preferred. The starting salary is competitive, with the opportunity for periodic review and performance-based growth. EarthShare promotes a work-life balance and offers an excellent benefits package, including generous paid-time off, health, dental and vision insurance, and participation in a 403b retirement plan with a very competitive match.
EarthShare is an equal opportunity employer; people of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, cultures, skills, and experiences, knowing that the more inclusive we are, the more successful we will be.
To apply, email your resume, a cover letter detailing relevant experience, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be prepared to provide contact information for references upon request. Please do not contact EarthShare’s offices. The deadline to apply is July 10, 2020. To learn more about EarthShare, please visit our website at earthshare.org.
- Project/ Program Management
- Sales/Business Development
Areas of impact
- Private Sector