Accelerate your career in renewable energy
In collaboration with Net Impact, a leading nonprofit empowering emerging leaders in the workplace to challenge and orient business toward the greater good, OneEnergy Renewables and 3Degrees combine networks and resources to provide significant career development to Energy Scholar Award recipients.
In its sixth year, the Energy Scholar Program will select up to eight exceptional applicants for its 2018 Class. This year's program will run October 2017 through May 2018 and kicks off with the 2017 Annual Net Impact Conference in Atlanta, Georgia. Attendance of the conference is a requirement of all awardees.
About the program
The Energy Scholars program is designed to accelerate the development of graduate and post-graduate students targeting careers in renewables. The program supports individual student career objectives through mentoring, networking, and direct industry access. The Program will benefit each student differently and will be based upon the student’s specific area of focus and interest.
OneEnergy Renewables and 3Degrees are both proud to be certified B Corps. As part of being B Corps, we find value in incorporating the many perspectives that arise from a variety of cultures, races, gender, religions, national origins, ages, physical and cognitive capabilities, sexual orientations, and other ways we identify ourselves. It is vital to a sustainable workforce that we develop a diverse group of future renewable energy leaders who will have access to different perspectives that can optimize our team’s capacity.
Past Energy Scholars are employed across the renewable energy field, including at distinguished institutions such as Amazon, National Grid, NRG Energy, SoCal Edison, Borrego Solar, Ecova, PG&E, CustomerFirst Renewables, Northrop Grumann, Rocky Mountain Institute, CAAPITAL, Nike, National Grid, Hitachi, OneEnergy Renewables, and more.
Application deadine is September 24th, 2017.
Benefits for Awardees
- A free conference pass to the 2017 Net Impact Conference. All awardess will receive full registration to attend the conference ($175 value)
- Up to $500 to support travel costs related to the 2017 Net Impact Conference
- Participation in exclusive Energy Scholar Career Session breakout at the conference. Guest speaker to be announced.
- Individual, one-on-one mentorship with OneEnergy Renewables and 3Degrees executives. Mentorship needs and interests will be assessed and developed around each student.
- Externship opportunities for credit with both OneEnergy and 3Degrees throughout the school year
- Preferential consideration for 2018 summer intern programs
- Targeted introductions to renewable energy leaders across the industry
- Professional headshots for your use with LinkedIn and other media
- Profiled and highlighted on OneEnergy, 3Degrees, and Net Impact networks and media platforms
Scholar selection criteria
- Currently enrolled full-time in a graduate or post-graduate degree program in the U.S.
- Strong academic standing
- Demonstrated interest in renewable energy
- Selected applicants must attend the 2017 Net Impact Conference
Who are OneEnergy Scholars?
Check out last year's amazing OneEnergy Scholars online.
About OneEnergy Renewables
OneEnergy Renewables is an independent developer of solar energy projects across North America, with a focus on commercial, institutional and utility customers. Our experienced team of renewable energy professionals pair de-risked projects with advanced energy procurement and financial solutions to deliver construction-ready and operational solar assets.
At 3Degrees, our business is our mission. As a certified B Corporation, we connect people with cleaner energy on a massive scale — providing renewable energy and carbon offset solutions to Fortune 500 companies, utilities, universities, green building firms and other organizations that are working to make their services and operations more sustainable. Headquartered in San Francisco, 3Degrees serves clients around the world.Archive