The Best Grapes are Green program is supported by Kendall-Jackson.
Thank you for your interest in The Best Grapes are Green Sustainability Case Competition from Kendall-Jackson. This program is no longer accepting applicants, however, we encourage you to follow the progress of the participating teams. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can a major wine company talk about sustainability while remaining authentic and relatable to U.S. consumers? Participants take on this real-world business challenge and provide in-depth, high-quality insights. Kendall-Jackson makes sustainability commitments from vine to bottle. These commitments are expressed through myriad activities as well as marketing strategies. In an industry where sustainability is now a buzzword, and for a brand with so much to talk about, Kendall-Jackson is looking for your insight.
In teams of up to 4, based on the challenge brief, participants made recommendations on what Kendall-Jackson can do to connect their sustainability commitment to consumers in the store. To compete in the challenge, participants submitted a 1-2 page narrative recommendation in the first round. In the second round, semi-finalists will be chosen as top submissions and ten teams refine their ideas into full marketing plans with Net Impact and Kendall-Jackson. Final submissions are due in March. Check back in April to see the winner!
Benefits of participating
- Get resume-building experience consulting on a real-world business problem with a sustainability leader in the wine and agriculture industry
- Top 3 teams are flown to Kendall-Jackson’s Sonoma headquarters for a final event and pitch-off in Spring 2018
- Paid Summer internships for two winners with Kendall-Jackson
- November 8 - December 8: First round submissions accepted on a rolling basis
- December 1: Early bird deadline for first round submissions. Teams who submit by December 1 will get feedback from Net Impact. If they choose, they may revise and resubmit their submissions by December 8
- December 8: Deadline for first round submissions
- December 20: Semi-finalists notified
- December-February: Semi-finalists refine and expand their ideas with coaching from Net Impact and Kendall-Jackson
- February 15: Ten semi-finalists submit full marketing plans
- March: Three finalists polish their ideas for final pitch-off
- March 16-17: Finalists travel to Kendall-Jackson’s Sonoma headquarters for final event and pitch-off
- Undergraduate students, graduate students, and professionals are all welcome to apply. Net Impact membership is not required to participate
- First round submissions may come from individuals or teams
- Second round submissions must come from teams of 2-4 members
- In order to qualify for the internship prize, all participants must be able to demonstrate their ability to work legally in the U.S. International participants are responsible for securing all necessary legal approvals to work in the U.S.
Questions? Email email@example.com.