Paul Hawken, author of NYT Best Seller Project Drawdown, has identified the 100 most substantive solutions to reverse global warming. The Net Impact Climate Drawdown Challenge will enable you to imagine original ideas to scale climate solutions - moving us all to a better climate future.
First: Host an Event
Host an event where participants use design thinking and business planning to imagine, test, and refine product, service, or startup ideas to bring to market solutions to reverse global warming. Solutions will draw from the leading solutions identified by Project Drawdown to reverse global warming through solutions like educating women and girls, regenerative agriculture, and more. The team with the best idea from each local event will be awarded $50. All teams will have the opportunity to submit their idea to the Grand Prize competition level.
Second: Submit Your Ideas
All participants can submit their ideas to Net Impact Central to win the Grand Prize, recognition on our platforms, and a $1,000. Ideas will be judged on impact, feasibility, innovation, and story potential.
Net Impact chapters are eligible to receive $125 in project funds, get support, and win prizes
- Cash prizes of $1,000, $750, and $500 for the top 3 entries
- $50 prize for each local event winner
- $125 event stipend ($75 for event materials, $50 for local event winner)
- 100 points toward Gold chapter status
- Build leadership skills in climate change, topical knowledge, and design thinking
- Entry into raffle for a prize if event host recruits at least 25 participants
- Entry into raffle for a prize for all attendees
- September 1, 2018 - March 8th, 2019: Sign up to host local events
- April 30, 2019: Deadline for event leaders to host an event
- May 15, 2019: Deadline for participants to submit ideas to the Grand Prize competition
- June 2019: Grand Prize winner is selected and announced
Email firstname.lastname@example.orgAll chapters worldwideDeadline to submit ideas: May 15, 2019Chapter ExclusiveClimate Drawdown Challenge is supported by Johnson & Johnson.