The 2018 Food Solutions Challenge program is supported by Monsanto and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development.
Attend a webinar to raise awareness and generate solutions on a topic that has a major impact on the food supply and on climate: food loss. Food loss, meaning food wasted before it reaches a consumer, accounts for 64% of all edible food that is lost. When food is wasted at the farm, in harvesting, in production, and in transportation, we lose both edible food and also the climate-changing environmental resources that went into producing it. Net Impact will hold three webinars to provide you with all of the resources to create solutions with world-changing impact. Submissions will be judged and the top teams will travel to a paid capstone event to sharpen their design thinking skills and refine their solutions. Top team will win $5,000!
Webinar dates and times:
Monday, February 5th, 4:00-5:00 PM PST
Monday, February 26th, 4:00-5:00 PM PST
Monday, March 12th, 4:00-5:00 PM PST
Benefits of participating
- Why attend a webinar?
- Automatic entry into raffle to win iPad, cash, and Beats headphones
- For top submissions:
- Top teams attend paid accelerator event in the spring
- $5,000 to top winner
- $1,000 to second place
- $500 to third place
- Top teams attend an accelerator event in the Bay Area, April 5-7. The event is led by design thinking consultants who train attendees to create innovative, viable, game-changing solutions. Teams will improve their solutions through pre-event coaching, on-site training and exercises at the event, and post-event advising. Finalists learn transferable skills that improve the quality of submissions and that they can immediately apply to other projects.
- Nov-March: Host a local event
- Nov-March: Receive coaching monthly to enhance your solution
- Jan-March: Attend a webinar
- March 15: Solutions submitted
- Late March: Semifinalists selected
- April 5-7: Semifinalists judged and attend paid accelerator event
- May: Final solutions submitted and judged
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about how to get involved in this exciting opportunity.