The 2018 Food Solutions Challenge program is supported by Monsanto and the World Business Council for Sustainable Development.
Thank you for your interest in the Food Solutions Challenge. Unfortunately, this program is now closed but read below to learn more.
Raise awareness and generate solutions on a topic that has a major impact on the food supply and on climate: food loss. Food loss, meaning food wasted before it reaches a consumer, accounts for 64% of all edible food that is lost. When food is wasted at the farm, in harvesting, in production, and in transportation, we lose both edible food and also the climate-changing environmental resources that went into producing it. Net Impact provided all of the resources to create solutions with world-changing impact. Submissions will be judged and the top teams will travel to the 2018 Net Impact Accelerator to sharpen their design thinking skills and refine their solutions. Top team will win $5,000!
Benefits of participating
- Why attend an event?
- Automatic entry into raffle to win iPad, cash, and Beats headphones
- For top submissions:
- Top teams attend paid accelerator event in the spring
- $5,000 to top winner
- $1,000 to second place
- $500 to third place
- Top teams attend the 2018 Net Impact Accelerator in the Bay Area, April 5-7. The event is led by design thinking consultants who train attendees to create innovative, viable, game-changing solutions. Teams will improve their solutions through pre-event coaching, on-site training and exercises at the event, and post-event advising. Finalists learn transferable skills that improve the quality of submissions and that they can immediately apply to other projects.
- Nov-March: Host a local event
- Nov-March: Receive coaching monthly to enhance your solution
- Jan-March: Attend a webinar
- March 15: Deadline to submit solutions
- Late March: Semifinalists selected
- April 5-7: Semifinalists judged and attend the 2018 Net Impact Accelerator
- May: Final solutions submitted and judged
Email email@example.com for more information about how to get involved in this exciting opportunity.