Impact investing has become a rapidly growing movement over the past several years. At the same time, racial inequity is inextricably connected to nearly every social challenge that impact investing seeks to address - i.e. quality healthcare, affordable housing, access to a better education, and access to financial capital. Building racial equity is crucial for the United State’s future. How is impact investing making a difference? What challenges exist and what are successful impact investing models that advance racial equity? How can you make a difference and play a role as a young graduate who is interested in entering this field? Through the “Investing in Racial Equity: Digital Conversation Series”, you will have the opportunity to connect and engage with leaders in impact investing to begin exploring some of these questions. To receive the most updated information and details for joining these conversations, please click on RSVP.
Our first conversation in this series took place on November 18th with Net Impact’s CEO, Peter Lupoff, and Randy Strickland of Cornerstone Capital Group. It was a dynamic conversation that introduced the historical context of racial inequity in the U.S. and then went on to engage our callers around key questions that began to unpeel the layers of this complex issue.
Subsequent conversations in this series are scheduled for January - March 2020. Each conversation will feature a different leader in the field with whom you will have the opportunity to engage in conversation about their experiential perspective in the field of impact investing and racial equity.ClosedIndividualGlobalEngage in conversation with leaders in impact investing
- To participate in the live conversation, you must RSVP and attend the live event date and time
- Priority access for live conversations will be granted to Chapter members
- Recordings of the conversations will be made available for download
- Includes Undergraduates, Graduates, and Professionals
- Real time access to experts and leaders who are working in impact investing
- Opportunity to cultivate new connections
- Opportunity to learn about career pathways and internships in impact investing
- November 18, 2019: In conversation with Randy Strickland, facilitated by Peter Lupoff*
- January 2020: Investing in Racial Equity Conversation #2
- February 2020: Investing in Racial Equity Conversation #3
- March 2020: Investing in Racial Equity Conversation #4
*Note, the November conversation will only be available for attendees who participate live. No recording will be available.
- Who do I contact if I am interested in learning more?