The Up to Us Competition is a national leadership development program that aims to increase the public’s awareness and understanding of the United States’ fiscal and economic challenges. It’s simple to participate. Form a team on campus, design events engaging your peers on the national debt and fiscal issues, and receive $1,000 in funding, campaign management training, and access to all-expenses-paid conferences. Now accepting applications for the Spring Cohort! Applications to participate in the 2019-2020 Up to Us competition are due February 5th!
- Up to Us is open to all Undergraduate and Graduate students in the United States
- Teams of 3-5 students
- Participants from 4-year institutions and Community Colleges welcome
- All majors are welcome to apply!
- $1,000 in campaign funding to turn your ideas into action
- $10,000 grand prize for first place team
- Resume building leadership and campaign management training
- Access to all-expenses-paid national conferences, including the Net Impact Conference (for Fall participants)
- Exclusive internship opportunities through Net Impact
- Now-February 5: Confirm your participation in Campus Competition
- February - April 17: Receive weekly leadership and campaign management training
- February 28 - March 1: Attend the Up to Us Leadership Training event in Oakland, CA
- March 12: Host your Day of Action event(s)
- March 8 - April 17: Host your Capstone event(s)
- April 17: Final Report due
- April 2020: Top teams announced!
*Team leaders will travel to Oakland, CA February 28-March 1 for formal training. Travel and lodging will be covered for at least one team member.APPLY NOWOpen to AllThe Up to Us Competition is supported by the Peter G. Peterson Foundation