The clothing choices we make as consumers have tremendous impacts on natural resources, local economies, and supply chains worldwide. While consumer awareness of these issues is growing, most people still do not know about the solutions and options that already exist to enable us to create positive impact through the items we purchase, repurpose, and discard.
As a Wear it Wise leader, you will design informative and engaging campaigns around the topics that resonate most with your local community. The Net Impact network is uniquely poised to bring attention to issues ranging from water and chemical usage to fair wages, better working conditions, and complex supply chains. Your campaign will inspire action by providing your peers with ways that they can put their values into action through everyday consumer choices.
Net Impact will provide you with all of the resources and hands-on campaign management skills that will support you in your campaigns and beyond. Wear it Wise dives into sustainable fashion with our DIY Sustainable Fashion Curriculum and delivers insightful campaign management training through a series of webinars that feature expert speakers from the fashion world who are leading the slow fashion movement.
Campaign Leaders choose between two tracks: live and digital campaigns. Live campaigns involve designing and leading at least one major activity such as a conference presentation, an educational clothing swap, or a sustainable fashion case competition to inspire peers in your local community. Digital Campaign Leaders will learn how to influence large peer audiences online by creating original informative videos, social media, and web content. Digital campaigns could involve short, shareable videos about how to mend and extend the life of clothing, tips to buy better, or a digital game or contest to inspire engagement. Find more information about digital and live campaigns and how to begin designing your campaign here. All digital and live campaign leaders have access to the same resources and learn together via webinars and online.
As a Campaign Leader, you will build a network of talented peers, advance your understanding of sustainability in the apparel industry, and educate your peers by designing and leading creative, tailored events digitally or in your community. At the end of the campaigns, leaders will report out on their results and a panel of industry experts will judge their work.
Lead program sponsor is Levi Strauss Foundation with additional support from Columbia Sportswear and Eileen Fisher.Levi'sClosedIndividualGlobalCampaign funding, prize for winner
- All Net Impact chapter leaders and members
- United States-based and International Chapters welcome
- Campaign funding provided
- Propose, refine, and execute a creative, customized campaign about the sustainable apparel issues and solutions that you care about most
- In an exclusive webinar series, Net Impact staff teach campaign development skills and industry leaders provide guest talks about sustainability in the apparel industry
- Learn more about the slow fashion movement from industry experts
- Prize awarded to best campaign - check back in January for prize details. Last year’s Wear it Wise winner participated in a paid trip to Mexico with Remake. This “Meet the Maker” trip enabled a small group of sustainable fashion enthusiasts to meet the people and places where our apparel is made
- December 10: Early bird application deadline
- January 17: Final application deadline
- February 4: Initial campaign proposals due
- February 15: Event dates due for live campaigns / Official plans due for digital campaigns
- February 4 - April 11: Webinar training series on campaign skills and sustainable fashion
- February 20 - April 15: Campaigns are live
- April 17: Final reports due
For any inquiries about the Wear it Wise Program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgAll chapter leaders and members worldwideDeadline to apply: January 17, 2019Chapter ExclusiveLead program sponsor is Levi Strauss Foundation with additional support from Columbia Sportswear and Eileen Fisher.