The Food Solutions Challenge is a local event series and case competition that challenges today’s brightest minds to find solutions to pressing issues in food and agriculture.
This year the Challenge asked event hosts to plan, market, and host a 90-minute event that engaged at least 25 people on their campus or in their community. At these events, teams came together to ideate solutions to help answer the Challenge question: How might we better enable female smallholder farmers to have access to the resources, agricultural know-how, and markets that will improve their livelihoods?
After the events, participants submitted their innovative ideas to Net Impact helping tackle some of the toughest challenges being faced by female smallholder farmers and to be in with a chance of being selected as semi-finalists continuing to hone their ideas as part of the Food Solutions Challenge Accelerator.
Highlights from the 2019 Food Solutions Challenge:
- 1,250+ participants
- 55+ events held
- 60+ inspiring solutions to better enable female smallholder farmers
5 semi-finalists selected to participate in the Net Impact Virtual Accelerator:
- EARTH University
- Two teams from Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- York University - Schulich School of Business
- Northwestern University - Kellogg Graduate School of Management
Watch last year's winner's final submission video to see how your event can inspire ambitious projects that tackle critical issues!
- Individuals in any geographic location
- Students and professionals
- Must be able to host a 90-minute event that engages at least 25 people
- Funding available by application
- Challenge finalists receive:
- Virtual Net Impact Accelerator that includes personalized, multi-month expert coaching to hone your solutions
- $10,000 grand prize, $2,500 and $1,000 to runners-up.
- May - July 2020
- Finalist teams participate in the Virtual Net Impact Accelerator where they will receive personalized, multi-month expert coaching to hone their solutions
- Final video submission creation
- August 14, 2020
- Winners announced
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org