Events and Resources
- Social Venture Network provides resources, tools and training, and a broader community to support social entrepreneurs and their ventures.
- B Lab’s “Impact Assessment Tool” helps companies assess their social or environmental impact and improve their performance, regardless of whether they ultimately seek certification.
- Ashoka.org strives to make social entrepreneurs competitive in the global marketplace by granting fellowships to business leaders focused on social and environmental progress.
- New York University’s Catherine B. Reynolds Speaker Series focuses on social entrepreneurs, and hosts some of the most successful public and private sector “change-makers” from around the world.
- Skoll Foundation’s SocialEdge.org is a global online community for social entrepreneurs and is sponsored by the Skoll Foundation, which invests in social entrepreneurs.
Competitions and training:
- Unreasonable Institute partners with more than 20 impact-investment funds and foundations and puts 25 entrepreneurs through a six-week training and mentoring program, designed to take their ideas from the concept phase to operation.
- Hult Prize is a $1 million student competition for social entrepreneurs to solve the world’s toughest challenges. Net Impact’s programs often provides aspiring social entrepreneurs with skills, experiences, and opportunities through challenges, competitions, and fellowships.