Events and Resources
- Social Venture Network provides resources, tools and training, and a broader community to support social entrepreneurs and their ventures.
- B Lab’s “Impact Assessment Tool” helps companies assess their social or environmental impact and improve their performance, regardless of whether they ultimately seek certification.
- Ashoka.org strives to make social entrepreneurs competitive in the global marketplace by granting fellowships to business leaders focused on social and environmental progress.
- New York University’s Catherine B. Reynolds Speaker Series focuses on social entrepreneurs, and hosts some of the most successful public and private sector “change-makers” from around the world.
- Skoll Foundation’s SocialEdge.org is a global online community for social entrepreneurs and is sponsored by the Skoll Foundation, which invests in social entrepreneurs.
Competitions and training:
- Unreasonable Institute partners with more than 20 impact-investment funds and foundations and puts 25 entrepreneurs through a six-week training and mentoring program, designed to take their ideas from the concept phase to operation.
- Hult Prize is a $1 million student competition for social entrepreneurs to solve the world’s toughest challenges. Net Impact’s programs often provides aspiring social entrepreneurs with skills, experiences, and opportunities through challenges, competitions, and fellowships.
EventsNet Impact Conference
Social Venture Network: Events
Social Entrepreneurship Conferences 101: The Where and What